OpenVPN for Android
Free, open-source OpenVPN service for Android devices
- 0.6.64 Bug fixes and removal of deprecated no-iv option
- Seperation of UI and OpenVPN thread, should increase stability but will probably introduce bugs first
- Launcher Shortcuts (Android 7.1+)
- Ipv6 dns server support
- Switched from gcc to clang to build openvpn, openssl,...
- tls-crypt support
- OpenVPN 2.4 and later drops tls-remote option (deprecated for over 3 years now)
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.